Introduction of the WC

Hello there :) . My name is Aniken Hamm and this is the budding ground of a blog for the WC worker's collective. This blog is for relevant posts, information trying to be communicated, and anything that needs writing about. I will reflect on that information from the standpoint of the WC. However, as the author of an organization that hasn't officially formed yet, my own personal thoughts will be put into the blog. These don't necessarily reflect the opinions of anyone else at the WC, though if others agree then good for them.





My personal interests are art, table top games, reading/writing, pet care, video media, and video games. These reflect the general things I enjoy but aren't specific since I'm not sure how much is acceptable to post on the blog. I'll give some examples though for a greater sense of familiarity. I occasionally enjoy drawing art, my favorite table top game is Rune Quest, my favorite book series is the Inheritance Cycle, I have two cats named Simba and Merlin, my favorite show is either Mob Psycho 100 or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and I have an eclectic taste in games and don't have one I can say is my preference.





Pet peeves are a bit more relative since my annoyance depends on the subject. For example, I really don' like how Capitalism exploits works so that multi-millionaires can buy extra yachts for what is nearly slave labor. However I'd say that may be more than a pet peeve. Something of that level is when a game is inconsistent. Not moving through the level properly can seriously hamper the enjoyment, but the overall impact is still small enough to count as a pet peeve.


Schechter, A. (2020, July 24). Glen Weyl: "the very structure of capitalism is inherently monopolistic". Retrieved September 25, 2022, from https://www.promarket.org/2018/05/03/glen-weyl-structure-capitalism-inherently-monopolistic/


My goals and the goals of the company are mostly the same since I'm primarily the main member, though I hope once I can get some start up capital so that I can make a more significant start up. We seek to build up an organization that puts the workers above the products, which are above the profits. Profits are still important to run the business, but purely pursuing profit leads to intense internal rot.

Comments